Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Jacksonville
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and clients throughout Florida
The most serious and fatal motorcycle accidents are due to driver negligence, which means they could have been prevented. From the medical costs to lost wages and other damages associated with these accidents, the recovery process can be extremely stressful for accident victims and their loved ones.
The number of motorcycle accident fatalities continues to rise. This is because motorcycle riders are exposed to everything around them while on a bike, and they have limited protection from negligent drivers. There have been some consistent causes for accidents, which include:
- Distracted driving
- Faulty equipment
- Poorly-maintained roads
- Failure to yield
- Failure to obey traffic signals or signage
What Injuries Are Commonly Seen in Motorcycle Accident Victims?
After a motorcycle accident, even a minor accident, the injuries are much more severe. If the motorcycle rider did not wear a helmet or proper road gear, the injuries could be fatal. Some of the more common injuries seen in motorcycle accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Road rash and burns
- Broken bones
- Dental injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
There are more than 500,000 registered motorcycles in the state of Florida alone and these are driven year-round thanks to Florida’s exceptional weather. Motorcycles can be broken down into four category types, which include:
- Cruisers – These are low design bikes that are made for long-riding, such as Harley-Davidson’s.
- Scooters or Mopeds – While not true motorcycles, they are similar and are incredibly popular. These bikes are low-powered and are used to transport a person on Florida side streets rather than a highway.
- Sport Bikes – These are exceptional fast and have excellent maneuverability. They can sustain high speeds and sharp corners, but are also the most dangerous type of bike.
These are meant for motocross-type activities and are not legal to drive on Florida streets or highways.
Dual Purpose Cycles
These can be used on the street or while off roading.
These are meant for extreme long-distance riding and are equipped with large fuel tanks, a windshield, storage, and are comfortable enough to travel long distances.
- How to Make Sure Your Motorcycle Accident Injury is Not Ignored
- 3 Scary Motorcycle Injuries that Will Change Your Life
- Motorcycles: With Increased Gas Mileage Come Increased Risks
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Contact the Motorcycle Accident Attorney Jacksonville Today
Recovering after a motorcycle accident can take numerous surgeries, require long-term hospitalization, and even include months of rehabilitative therapies just for you to function.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. But, you need a reputable attorney to represent your case and help you file your claim. An attorney can ensure that your best interests are represented as well.
The team at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton works on a contingency basis for all motorcycle cases. That means we are only paid if we win your case, and we provide you with a confidential, 100 percent free initial consultation to see if choosing our law firm is right for you.
During the process we can evaluate your case and see if you have sufficient grounds to file a lawsuit. Our attorneys will then advise you as to your rights and work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
To find out more, please contact motorcycle accident attorney Jacksonville for your initial consultation.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Jacksonville
4004 Atlantic Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207