Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney
Want to Talk with Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney About Your Auto Collision Cases
The team of Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton understands how difficult a car accident can be – not to mention costly and disruptive.
Our attorneys are proud to represent those who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, and protect their rights to compensation for the losses they encounter because of a negligent driver.
Florida has strict rules and regulations when it comes to auto accidents. While they have tried to regulate how insurance claims work, these laws actually make it more complicated than necessary, leaving injured victims unsure how to get compensation they need for increasing medical bills.
When victims try to rely on Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, they find that they are unable to cover enough damages for their losses, especially when serious injury or death occurs.
Have you recently been in a car accident in Jacksonville? You don’t have to worry about it, we look forward to talking with you about your case and offering you that helped the results you deserve.
Marc Hardesty is a founding partner at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton. Need an experienced Auto accident attorney? Contact us today.
What Causes Car Accidents?
In Florida, there are a number of causes for a car accident, though some of the more common include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless drivers
- Tailgating drivers
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol (or both)
- Weather conditions
- Poor road conditions – such as potholes
- Unsafe changing of lanes or weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving the wrong way on the street
- Taking turns inappropriately or abruptly
- Tire blowouts
- Drowsy driving
- Vehicle malfunctions or design defects
Can a Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney Really Help Me with My Auto Collision Case?
A car accident lawyer can help you receive your PIP insurance benefits as well as benefits from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Experienced Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney understand how PIP insurance works and can negotiate with the other driver’s insurance to ensure you get compensation for additional damages.
PIP Limits Victims.
Most Florida consumers have no idea how limiting their PIP insurance is – even though they are required to carry it.
This means that if your medical bills exceed the cap of PIP, you may be responsible for paying them unless you pursue a personal injury claim with the help of a lawyer.
When you have PIP insurance you have:
- $10,000 in coverage
- 80 percent of medical expenses are covered up to the cap
- 60 percent of lost wages are covered up to the cap
But, most victims realize that their $10,000 coverage is gone after a single trip to the ER post-accident or after just one round of diagnostic tests, and there is nothing left to cover lost wages or future time they have to take off work to recover.
Auto Accident FAQs :
There are certain actions you should take right after you have been involved in an automobile accident including:
- Do not refuse any medical treatment at the scene or after. See a doctor immediately or as soon afterwards as you can. Some injuries do not manifest themselves right away. You may find yourself suffering from an injury after a month has passed. You will more likely be covered if you agreed to medical care at the time of the accident.
- Do not accept any responsibility unless you are absolutely certain of everything that happened.
- Call the police to have an accident report generated as soon as possible. Under Florida law, you must tell the investigating officer about the circumstances of the accident. Do not discuss the accident with anyone else at the scene.
- Notify your insurance company and fill out a claim. Keep a copy for your records.
- Take pictures of any damages to your property or your body. It also helps to have pictures of the surroundings at the scene of the accident.
- Contact one of ourand find out what your rights and responsibilities are.
Serious impairments under the No-Fault Law are defined as an impairment of an important bodily function that affects the person’s ability to lead a normal life. The deciding party as to whether your injury reaches this required level of severity will be a judge or jury. Permanent injury can include pain which does not resolve after treatment.
The victim of an automobile accident has up to four years, in Florida, from the time of the accident to file a claim against an at-fault driver. However, you should not delay in contacting an attorney if you have suffered a significant injury.
It is important that you notify your insurance company immediately after being involved in an accident. You should contact them by telephone to explain the incident. You should also fill out a written claim with your insurance carrier as soon as you have all of the facts. Keep a copy of the claim for your own records. Your claim should include:
- Medical costs
- Property damages
- Wage losses
- Any costs directly related to the(out of pocket expenses)
If your own insurance company unjustifiably refuses to pay your damages, then you are entitled to sue them. If the court decides in your favor, the insurance company must pay all of your damages, including your auto accident attorney fees and expenses relating to the suit.
To learn more about car accidents in Jacksonville Florida, please the law offices of Hardesty, Tyde, Green and Ashton, P.A. today.
- Property damages
- Wage losses
- Any costs directly related to the accident (out of pocket expenses)
Types of Car Accidents Cases Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton Handle
- Rear End Car Accidents
- T-Bone and Side Impact Crashes
- Head On Accidents
- Roll Over Car Accidents
- Hit and Run
- Pedestrian-Involved Car Crashes
- Uninsured and Under-insured
Common Car Accident Injuries
Although a car accident can look different for every victim, there are several common types of injuries that may influence you if someone else is reckless or negligent on the roads. Given that victims should not have to pay the price for someone else’s distraction, driving under the influence, or other behavior, this is why Florida personal injury law equips victims to pursue legal claims against the responsible parties. Many of the most common injuries affecting victims are expensive and painful to treat. It is not uncommon to find victims suffering weeks, months, or even years after the accident has happened. Don’t wait to get the help you need when you find yourself in this situation.
Some of the most common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Fractures and sprains
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Are you suffering with any of these in the aftermath of a car accident? You need help from a knowledgeable Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney as soon as possible.
How Our Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Win Your Claim
Our lawyers understand what you are going through. The last thing you need to worry about is paperwork, appointments or even filing deadlines. You have enough to worry about during this difficult time.
Let us help you by doing what we do best, so you can focus on what matters most right now: your recovery. Just some of the ways we can help our clients include:
- Personal Injury Protection claims
- Bodily injury claims
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Under-insured motorist claims
If you have a serious injury that was the result of someone’s negligence, we will fight aggressively for your right to compensation. Our lawyer have been successful in all types of injuries that result from a car accident, including brain injuries, broken bones, permanent disability and more.
We work as a team to get the best result possible for our clients. No matter how big or small your case is, you will be treated the same by your lawyer.
Our legal team can help with:
- Collecting police reports
- Finding and questioning witnesses
- Constructing the accident scene for a better courtroom presentation
- Taking photographs and documenting the damage and injuries thoroughly
- Taking statements from physicians
- Obtaining medical records
- Hiring expert witnesses to review and testify to evidence
- Speaking and negotiating with insurance claims adjusters
Do You Have a Car Accident Lawsuit?
No one ever intends to sue, but often when they have medical bills piling up, they realize that the only way to survive is to file a lawsuit for their losses. The Jacksonville accident attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton completely understand this and we are here to help.
Take a few moments to browse over our car accident services and see just what we can offer in terms of advice for accident and injury claims.
If you are not sure whether or not you have an accident claim, contact our attorneys for a free consultation. We can provide a free case evaluation and tell you right away if you have a case.
But, as long as there was a negligent driver, you should know that you have a valid claim. The four components to a successful personal injury claim include:
1. Proving the other driver owed you a duty of care – such as a duty to stop at red lights.
2. Proving the other driver negligently disobeyed that duty of care.
3. Proving that negligence resulted in your injuries.
4. Proving that your injuries caused losses (also known as damages).
Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, do not hope that the insurance companies will take your side. Hire Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney and ensure you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Our Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney can meet with you for free today and there is no obligation to hire us. If you decide to hire us, you do not pay us a fee unless we win your case. You have nothing to lose.
For more video information on Jacksonville car accidents click here. Or please read the following blogs:
4004 Atlantic Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207