Jacksonville Car Accident Attorneys
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and throughout Florida
Car crashes in the United States happen in the millions each year and the number of injuries from those accidents continues to rise, too.
At Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton, we understand how difficult a car accident can be –not to mention costly and disruptive. Our attorneys are proud to represent those who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, and protect their rights to compensation for the losses they encounter because of a negligent driver.
Florida has strict rules and regulations when it comes to auto accidents. While they have tried to regulate how insurance claims work, these laws actually make it more complicated than necessary, leaving injured victims unsure how to get compensation they need for increasing medical bills.
When victims try to rely on Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, they find that they are unable to cover enough damages for their losses, especially when serious injury or death occurs.
What Causes Accidents?
In Florida, there are a number of causes for a car accident, though some of the more common include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless drivers
- Tailgating drivers
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol (or both)
- Weather conditions
- Poor road conditions – such as potholes
- Unsafe changing of lanes or weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving the wrong way on the street
- Taking turns inappropriately or abruptly
- Tire blowouts
- Drowsy driving
- Vehicle malfunctions or design defects
Can an Attorney Really Help Me with My Car Accident Case?
An attorney can help you receive your PIP insurance benefits as well as benefits from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Experienced attorneys understand how PIP insurance works and can negotiate with the other driver’s insurance to ensure you get compensation for additional damages.
PIP Limits Victims
Most Florida consumers have no idea how limiting their PIP insurance is – even though they are required to carry it. When you have PIP insurance you have:
- $10,000 in coverage
- 80 percent of medical expenses are covered up to the cap
- 60 percent of lost wages are covered up to the cap
But, most victims realize that their $10,000 coverage is gone after a single trip to the ER post-accident or after just one round of diagnostic tests, and there is nothing left to cover lost wages or future time they have to take off work to recover.
Types of Accidents Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton Handle
- Rear End Car Accidents
- T-Bone and Side Impact Crashes
- Head On Accidents
- Roll Over Car Accidents
- Hit and Run
- Pedestrian-Involved Car Crashes
- Uninsured and Under-insured
How Our Attorneys Can Help You Win Your Claim
Our attorneys understand what you are going through. The last thing you need to worry about is paperwork, appointments or even filing deadlines. Let us help you by doing what we do best, so you can focus on what matters most right now: your recovery. Just some of the ways we can help our clients include:
- Personal Injury Protection claims
- Bodily injury claims
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Under-insured motorist claims
If you have a serious injury that was the result of someone’s negligence, we will fight aggressively for your right to compensation. Our attorneys have been successful in all types of injuries that result from a car accident, including brain injuries, broken bones, permanent disability and more.
We work as a team to get the best result possible for our clients. No matter how big or small your case is, you will be treated the same by your attorneys. Our legal team can help with:
- Collecting police reports
- Finding and questioning witnesses
- Constructing the accident scene for a better courtroom presentation
- Taking photographs and documenting the damage and injuries thoroughly
- Taking statements from physicians
- Obtaining medical records
- Hiring expert witnesses to review and testify to evidence
- Speaking and negotiating with insurance claims adjusters
Do You Have a Car Accident Lawsuit?
No one ever intends to sue, but often when they have medical bills piling up, they realize that the only way to survive is to file a lawsuit for their losses. The attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton completely understand this and we are here to help.
Take a few moments to browse over our car accident services and see just what we can offer in terms of advice for accident and injury claims.
If you are not sure whether or not you have an accident claim, contact our attorneys for a free consultation. We can provide a free case evaluation and tell you right away if you have a case. But, as long as there was a negligent driver, you should know that you have a valid claim. The four components to a successful personal injury claim include:
- Proving the other driver owed you a duty of care – such as a duty to stop at red lights.
- Proving the other driver negligently disobeyed that duty of care.
- Proving that negligence resulted in your injuries.
- Proving that your injuries caused losses (also known as damages).
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, do not hope that the insurance companies will take your side. Hire an attorney and ensure you get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys can meet with you for free today and there is no obligation to hire us. If you decide to hire us, you do not pay us a fee unless we win your case. You have nothing to lose.