Concussion Lawyers in Jacksonville
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and clients throughout Florida
Car accidents severely impact the body and the brain. Concussions are highly unpredictable post-accident and can be dangerous if they go untreated.
If you or a loved one was involved in an auto accident, then have yourself checked for any signs of a concussion and receive proper treatment right away.
What are the Symptoms of a Concussion?
The reason people do not get treatment for their concussions is because they often do not realize that they have one.
Some of the common symptoms of a concussion include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Vomiting or nausea
- Sensitivity to light and noise
- Feeling unbalanced
- Ringing noise in the ears
- Memory loss or difficulty remembering
- Problems concentrating
- Slurred speech
- Dilated pupils
Do Not Forget About Second Impact Syndrome
When a person’s concussion goes undiagnosed and they continue with daily life, they put themselves at high risk for second impact syndrome without even knowing it.
Second impact syndrome occurs when a person takes another blow to the head while their first concussion is still in the process of healing. Second impact syndrome is very serious and leads to traumatic injuries and can even result in death.
What to Do If You Have Suffered from a Concussion
After your car accident, you may be disoriented or unsure what to do next. If you have been diagnosed with a concussion, there are a few things you must do right away to ensure you get the maximum compensation possible for your claim.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Rest as much as possible.
- Adhere to the doctor’s instructions for at home care, follow up appointments, and tests. Ignoring these could hinder your case.
- Do not make sudden movements, such as jumping or jerking your head.
- Stay away from contact sports and exercise until your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Do not go back to work until you are cleared for work by a physician.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery until you are cleared to do so.
Do You Have a Valid Concussion Claim?
Determining whether you have a valid claim requires the assistance of an attorney. In order to win a settlement, you must prove that:
- The other driver owed a duty of reasonable care to you and others on the road.
- The driver violated their duty.
- Their violation caused the accident and proving the accident caused your concussion.
- Proving that you have valid losses because of your concussion.
Concussions may require long-term treatment; therefore, you need an attorney that understands calculating these specialty types of damages.
You may have extensive medical treatments, rehabilitative care or you may even be forced to change jobs because of your concussion.
The losses associated with any type of brain injury are often substantial, so you need an attorney that understands the full scope of these types of cases.
Call the Concussion Attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton, P.A. Today
Our team of concussion lawyers in Jacksonville, FL have helped countless victims with their car accident settlements. If you or a passenger suffered from a concussion because of an accident, and the other party caused that accident, then you may be entitled to compensation.
Meet with one of our skilled concussion lawyers in Jacksonville, FL today for a free consultation regarding your case via calling at 904-398-2212. There is no obligation to hire us even after meeting with us, and if you choose to hire our attorneys, you do not pay until we win your claim.
Time is limited to file your claim, so call us now to get started.