If you are going through a divorce, there is no question that the situation can be difficult and at times, frustrating. Now, there is a brand-new app that is helping Florida parents navigate through the process, reducing stress and helping to ease the transition for children.
The new app is called FAYR. This stands for Family Advocacy Your Responsibility. A father from Florida, Michael Daniels, created the app when he was going through his divorce. He created it because he knew he wasn’t his “best self” during the divorce process. He was tired and overwhelmed trying to remain in contact with his former spouse and handle all the legal issues. The app allowed him to share important information with his ex-spouse in a completely non-personal manner. It also helped him save time.
Since the development of the app, Daniels has been seen on Apple TV, gaining the support of Gwyneth Paltrow, who is now consulting with him on how the app can help more divorced families.
FAYR Basics and the Benefits for the Divorce Process
There are four main features offered by the FAYR app for those going through a divorce. Those four things include:
- A calendar that allows you to share activities, so you can remain informed about your co-parenting schedule
- A tracker for expenses so you know what each parent is spending on the children
- An option for geo-tracking so you can prove where you are when you are with your children
- A generator for reports for various court documents that may improve the chances of winning your case
The app is designed to be used by either one, or both parents and it doesn’t require the cooperation of both of the parents to provide benefits. If you are exporting documents, there is a fee to pay.
Other Tips for Coping with the Stress of Divorce
If you are trying to deal with divorce, you should not only use the app described above, but also use the tips and information here. These will help improve your outlook.
- Don’t sit around thinking about your divorce related problems all day. Instead, try to schedule a “worry time” for a certain time of day to address any type of divorce-related problem. This will help to alleviate some of your negative emotions and you won’t feel so overwhelming.
- Try to look at the situation objectively. When you are trying to sort through difficult feelings, it may be better to focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
- Think about what you want in the coming days, rather than focusing on your ex’s flaws.
- Make sure you are the absolute best parent possible for your kids.
There is no magic cure that will make a divorce easier. However, when you use the app mentioned here, and the tips, you will be able to make the process a bit easier. Keep in mind, the best thing you can do for any divorce situation is to hire a divorce attorney. They can help review your case and information to ensure you understand what is likely going to happen.
If you are facing a divorce and need legal assistance, contact our team of divorce lawyers at the law offices of Hardesty Tyde Green & Ashton P.A. by calling (904) 249-9030.