This is a common question from our Jacksonville divorce clients. It can be concerning if you have been the bread winner of the family to think about what support you could be required to pay your ex-spouse.
Each case is different. Our family law lawyers can help you determine what is an appropriate amount of alimony (spousal support) in your case.
You may be required to pay temporary spousal support before your divorce is final and the final alimony determination is made.
The alimony calculation is based on factors such as:
- Standard of living during the marriage
- Duration of the Marriage
- Age, Physical, Emotional condition of each party
- The amount of education and earning potential you both have
- Who has responsibility for the children
- What other sources of income are available
Will I have to pay alimony?
If you are in need of an experienced Jacksonville family law lawyer, please call 904-398-2212 today or contact Hardesty, Tyde, Green& Ashton for your consultation. We have two convenient office locations in Jacksonville.