This is often one of the first questions our clients and potential clients ask. We understand that it is frightening to face criminal charges with associated fines and possible jail time. Our Jacksonville criminal lawyers want to help you understand your rights and the penalties you may be facing.
For your first DUI/DWI, your penalties may include:
- a fine between $500 and $1000, plus court costs
- for a BAC above .15, a fine of $1000 to $2,000, plus fees and court costs
- probation for up to a year
- 50 hours of community service
- driver’s license revoked for 6 months to 1 year
- 10 day-impoundment of your vehicle
- mandatory DUI classes
- up to 6 to 9 months in jail
- possible ignition interlock device for up to 6 months
In Florida, the penalties can escalate for repeat offenders. If this is your second, third, or fourth DUI/DWI then the State may seek jail time in your prosecution.
Penalties For a DUI?
To speak with an experienced criminal lawyer in Jacksonville, please contact Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton, P.A., today. Our offices are conveniently located in Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach, Florida.