Family Law – Relocation Issues

Current Florida Law (since 2006) requires a parent who intends to relocate more than 50 miles away from his or her residence to notify the other parent of the proposed relocation in writing via a “Notice of Intent to Relocate” and must file a “Certificate of Filing Notice of Intent to Relocate.”

The parent who has been put on notice of the proposed move must verify and serve a written objection within 30 days or the law presumes that the relocation is in the best interest of the child and the relocation will be allowed.

If you have been served with a Notice of Intent to Relocate or wish to relocated and you feel it is in the best interest of your child to do so please contact Hardesty, Tyde, Green and Ashton.

Family Issues? Call a Jacksonville Family Law Attorney Today

Call Us at 904-398-2212